Sunday, April 26, 2009

How long should I train before fighting in amateur Muay Thai?

How long do you guys think I should train before I would be ready for an amateur Muay Thai fight? How about MMA? I%26#039;ve taken Muay Thai for about 5 months and BJJ for 2. I go about three times a week but I am considering going everyday except sundays.


Thanks in advance.|||Listen very closely: if you go to a good camp or school (one that has produced good fighters) then you are ready when your coach says you are ready and not a minute before.





Tell him you want to fight and ask him for his advice. But trust him and don%26#039;t try to make decisions for yourself unless you%26#039;ve trained for 18 months or so and he just hasn%26#039;t found anything for you.





If you don%26#039;t go to a good camp, you need to go find a good camp.|||It really depends on the individual. Some people are really talented and do not take as much time to get ready for a fight. If you have never fought in your life get lots of sparing in and get the opinion from your trainer and fellow gym partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment