Sunday, April 26, 2009

What's the difference between kickboxing, boxing and muay thai?

I want to to take either kickboxing, boxing or muay thai. I%26#039;ve been studying tae kwon do for five years and want to expand my knowledge for martial arts. Which do you reccomend?|||1. Boxing uses only punches or upper body strikes. You can%26#039;t strike below the belt under any circumstances.





2. Kick-boxing is just like boxing, only you can use kicks.





3. Muay Thai- is Thai Boxing. You can strike with fist, elbows, knees, and feet.





Mauy Thai is definitely the one of the %26quot;in%26quot; martial arts of the day, because it is so effective. More than likely you will find all three at the same gym. They all use the same training equipment. Right now I believe that an American style of Muay Thai has developed.





American Thai Boxing, is usually taught by a professional kick- boxer. He just incorporates the elbow and knee strikes. This style is so effective that some of the highest ranked Muay Thai fighters are from Western Countries.





My opinion of Muay Thai is very high. Also, I believe that the Western versions offer better defense, than the traditional.|||Really cool.... I took TKD for 6 years, and I went to a boxing gym a hand full of times.... You wouldn%26#039;t believe how much better you will be at what you know after putting on some gloves and going for it, getting hit and all that jazz.... I recently have started taking Muay Thai... Its a great sport and MArtial Art... it gets rough, but it will help you %26quot;close the gap%26quot; of point sparring.... once you do that.. you will be better prepeared in a %26quot;real%26quot; situation%26quot; any of the three would be good... Jus remember when you go to a new school be respectful and humble, if they ask if you have had training, the answer is %26quot;Yes Sir or Mam%26quot;.. Not %26quot;I am a BB in TKD%26quot; as that will put a target on you (maybe not so much for a girl, but for a guy)... I like the coments I get from my Muay Thai school,, %26quot;damn dude what did you take?%26quot;|||Sorry not an expert here but just for your information, if you take boxing regards to other martial arts; how can boxing be better than kickboxing when they can use their legs ?





Muai Thai is the toned down version of Muay Boran. Muay Boran is supposed to be deadly. Hope you can learn that exotic art.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muay_Boran

No comments:

Post a Comment