Friday, November 18, 2011

Can I still fight or train in mma or muay thai?

Im kind of skinny and weigh about 120 lbs and about 5%26#039;6 but I find myself very small but I%26#039;ve always wanted to do this and I don%26#039;t want to let my size have an affect on it. Im mainly aiming for muay thai right now.|||go for it - there are plenty of fighters that are your size. |||From all the different posts you have put up, it sounds like you want to try mma or Muay Thai but are nervous about a few aspects. I cannot speak on mma training as I do not do it myself, I train Muay Thai, but I can tell you about that. There is nothing for you to be concerned about. First you must find a reputable instructor. Go watch a class first. In a beginning class there should not be any sparring or heavy contact. You will mainly be working on the heavybag, with Thai pads (long rectangular pads) or doing drills with a partner. Your class should be well supervised and there should be a lot of emphasis on basic techniques.





Thin people are well suited for Muay Thai. Check out some video footage on well established Muay Thai fighters like Buakaw por Pramuk or Namsaknoi. Those guys are thin and muscular. You will also build muscle as your body gets accustomed to using certain techniques.





If you are around Atlanta, come to my gym, Unit 2. You can look us up online. If not, you can almost certainly find a reputable gym in your area. Just remember that if you want to train Muay Thai, you%26#039;ll need to go to a gym that teaches authentic Muay Thai and not just %26quot;stand-up%26quot; for mma, which will not really be Muay Thai. Best of luck, and remember there%26#039;s no reason to be intimidated.|||Haha dude, you%26#039;re like me then. I%26#039;m about 5%26#039;6 or 5%26#039;7 and 117 and could I do Muay Thai and could probably lay down the ban hammer. As long as you have toughness and good technique, it doesn%26#039;t matter who is in front of you. You%26#039;re going to hurt them.





Sorry i DO muay thai, not could do. I currently DO muay thai|||Go for it, Most of the fighters are shorter anyway. Height doesn%26#039;t limit you to these things if you find your own style. Just start dodging them kicks and grabs and bulk up a little while your at it and start piling some hurt while your on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment