Friday, November 18, 2011

Do you have to lift lots of weights in order to take up boxing or muay thai?

Im not really muscular but I want to start either muay thai or boxing but I hardly lift weights. Can I still go for it?|||Not a lot....but you do have to be in shape....


~You have to have stamina, so running helps,





~you should have strong legs so in that case doing squats and running helps,





~it is good to have torso strength in pretty much any martial art, so doing sit ups, lifting weights, and doing push ups help.





I am not very muscular but I have a killer right hook, and right uppercut, and my jabs come pretty quick. So technique helps a lot as well.... but do the above things or find alternatives for those things that you could do that would have the same effect... don%26#039;t be afraid to get creative and try to make up your own exercise... I do that on accident all the time..lol





strength isn%26#039;t everything but does matter... if not strength then speed... the momentum will bring power behind your strikes!





^_^|||why not


usually in competition its by weight class





I mean its good to stay in shape





you can be strong and not big


do body stuff





push up, pull ups and stuff


good to be able to do your own weight





I do muay thai and just started doing mma


im 138 and I can bench close to 185 no problem


i do push ups and wide pull ups alot |||Absolutely. %26quot;Smokin%26#039;%26quot; Joe Frazier, former boxing HW champion who holds a win over Muhammad Ali, never lifted weights. I think a certain amount of lifting would be to your benefit, but it%26#039;s not a prerequisite.|||I take kicknoxing and barely lift wieghts, but really u should probably do uper body improve your striking power, but when u train u will be training cardio and strangth as well so its really up to how sore you are

No comments:

Post a Comment