Friday, May 21, 2010

Howcome in boxing I have very little trouble with sparring but in Muay Thai if I try to box I get beat up?

I%26#039;ve been doing Muay Thai for over three years and I hardly use my hands skill in Muay Thai because I end up get my a55 hand to me if I try. However so far in boxing sparring, even against experienced boxer, I doesn%26#039;t have much trouble to box with them. What could be causing this? Is it because I watch for kicks too much to use my hands effectively or what?|||i dont know|||Yes, it%26#039;s that they%26#039;re so different. It%26#039;ll just take some time getting used to the techniques in Muay Thai. Muay Thai is hard and very dangerous. Try to intimidate your opponent the best that you can, and don%26#039;t let down. If you just work on your kicks and dodging, you%26#039;ll be good in no time. All the times I have boxed, I sent my opponent to the floor or bloodied them like no end. I tried Muay Thai once, and I just wasn%26#039;t used to the kicks. The kicking can easily send a less experienced fighter off balance.|||If you%26#039;ve been training Muay Thai for 3 years then you should know that thai boxers train mostly on kicks. Hand work only come when you get too close to kick. Of course when you%26#039;re close enough to clinch, then that%26#039;s when the knees come in then box your way our following kicks. Most thai fights that i%26#039;ve seen do not use much hands..|||Could be that theyre two totally different sports. Boxing is punching while Muay Thai involves kicks, knees, punches, elbows, the clinch etc. So many factors must be accounted for while boxing is only footwork and punching. What does that mean? You have more things to watch and focus on in Muay Thai than you do boxing.|||Because you don%26#039;t know how to fight!|||You are levitating to you strengths and expecting likewise. Using only the one technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment