Monday, May 17, 2010

Which shin guard and headgear do you recommend for Muay Thai?

I need to get a new shin guard and a headgear...


I found these shin guards.


This one says %26quot;Grappling Shin/Instep Guards%26quot;


http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=2...


Will that be okay for Muay Thai sparring?


I like wearing stuff tight and that one looked really comfortable.


And another alternative one is:


http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=2...





And I have no clue which headgear I should get.


I want something that doesn%26#039;t restrict a lot of sight.


(Please pick one from Ringside.com)





Thank you.|||The first set is more for a grappler (like MMA), so I%26#039;d suggest the second pair, it%26#039;s the one I use.





I%26#039;ve used it for about 2 years for muay thai, and I personally recommend it.





As far as the headgear, it%26#039;s a bit more tricky, because different ones fit different head shapes, so I%26#039;d suggest you ask your trainer about it, that%26#039;s what I did. If you decide to buy it on your own make sure it has alot of padding (you%26#039;ll be sparring alot in muay thai), and cheek protection, like this one:





http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=2...





By the way, I love ringside, I have 4 little glove keychains already!|||Both of the shinguards are good. Obviously the top ones are much thicker and the better choice if you%26#039;ve never sparred or conditioned your shins before. If you have conditioned your shins, or have checked kicks while sparring, get the second pair. I have a pair very similar to the first ones, but switched to the white cloth ones after six months or so. My headgear is from KO Fitness, I can%26#039;t speak for anything on ringside%26#039;s site.

No comments:

Post a Comment