Monday, May 17, 2010

Muay Thai: How can I toughen up my shins, feet and ankles?

I%26#039;ve been training for three months now and since the start I still can%26#039;t go all out on pads with my swing kick. Somethings always hurting, my shins, top of foot area. I know your supposed to only kick with your shins but it still hits with part of my foot. I see everyone else and their whacking it hard without any pain that seems to be bothering them. Is there a way to toughen that area. Or any suggestions to make it stronger?|||ha ha good to see another thai guy lol. What I do is i find a pole in my gym and i slowly and lightly kick it with my shin, exponentially kicking harder and harder. Another thing, GET YOUR HEAVY BAG WORK IN!!! When i started doing thai my kick was s**t but I always always stayed late and got my heavy bag work in. I did one round of 3 mins of only right kicks, one round of left kick, one round of knees, and one round of jab cross hook combo. Basically the heavy bag is you best friend, TRUST ME if you put in the bag work you will get better. Good luck||| Kick a tree trunk that is 4%26quot; in diameter.There is a couple ways to work the muscles of your shins,they are to the side of shin bones.One is similar to calf raises,start flat footed,raise up heels.Using a dumbbell with two 2.5lb plates,with tennis shoes that are a size larger,place toe end under center of weights,lift it up and back(like doing a bicep curl).


|||I can name only two guys who really know Muay Thai.





Follow Ivan D and Thaifighter%26#039;s suggestions, they know what they are talking about. Punishing your shin through heavy bags, is the only thing you need. And that rod thing that Ivan describe really works in numbing your shin.





Hardwork is the key...|||http://www.mymuaythai.com/archives/shin-...





on that website many muay thai practitioners give their advice but honestly no matter what anyone says on here especially if there%26#039;s advice on using any kind of chemical or taking any kind of supplements always talk to a doctor first and run your ideas by them that is always the safest route.|||The only way i will give u is to: ready?





Kick------Heavy Bag or Spar


Kick untill u can take it then go harder/ all the way up to the heavy bags that dont always fly away when kicked





if u smack ur legs or roll objects u will cripple urself later in life/weaken ur leg (wow) and eventually b like the guy on youtube where he breaks his tibia on some dudes shin





remember: to become better at something, u must do it (well)|||The best way is to implement the training principle of Specificity. You train by doing basically. I have also heard that young muay thai fighters harden their shins by kicking coconut trees as young as 5! Give that a go, it obviously works for them.|||3 months? You should have neutralized the pain receptors on your shin by now. Punishing it with the heavy bags should do the trick. Rolling a smooth rod over your shins also helps on making it numb. But I really think that you just need to improve your work-rate.|||get a metal pole, and either hit your shins yourself, or get a mate to roll it up your shin, while pushing down really hard, and going very slow





or go shin to shin with people, both of you do low kicks at eachothers shins|||erm usually just practice your kicking on heavy bags...i never had to really condition my shins with the heavy bags because somehow pads got me to a similar point...so use mainly heavy bags...using a metal pole...hmmm...not the best idea atleast not until youve conditioned to a certain point...|||kick palm trees.





or just keep training and it will come to you eventually.


or just learn to deal with pain better.|||Rub a glass bottle up and down your shin. And like every one else said kick the heavy bag.|||I would work with heavy bags





because doing harder objects on ur shins could damage them permantely.|||take a 1 inch peice o pvc pipe and wack em evry day

No comments:

Post a Comment