Monday, May 17, 2010

I am intersted in learning Muay Thai at 42 yrs is it very hard on the joints?

I am 42 yrs old male in pretty good shape, has a some foudation of western boxing has been practicing Judo for a while.|||Muay Thai is perhaps one of the worst offenders for shocking the joints. Unfortunately, there isn%26#039;t anything you can do without lessening the effect of the techniques.





Your best way of living with it is to make sure you take good quality supplements such as glucosamine, cod liver oil and other joint supplements. You%26#039;ll need to take maximum doses for the first few months.





Also, make sure you do lots of stretching to increase your flexibility and be certain you%26#039;ve warmed up as much as possible before training. If you look after yourself properly, you should be okay.|||Muay Thai is rough... I am 28... and just started 5 months ago... and I thought i was in good shape....... As long as you have a good instructor.. that will ease you into it... i say go for it... but to warn you... I have hobbled for 2 weeks from one good leg kick.... a touch of cauliflower ear... and I have avoided the %26quot;conditioning%26quot; class because it hurts my body to the point it effects my job... I love it and I cant wait until my body does too :) ... I say go for it.. you only live once.... but it is a %26quot;culture shock%26quot; to your body... good luck|||As long as you are no stranger to hard training there should be no problem.





Best of luck|||Go for it, I know people who do it, they dont fight ofcource but they train hard and love it|||It could actually help your joints. After a week or two you%26#039;ll get used to the bumps and bruises, and you%26#039;ll also build up the muscles around your joints, which is the only way to really preserve them. You get bruised up a lot in the early stages.|||Yes it is.....most muay thai fighters only last in good shape up till their twenty%26#039;s or early thirties. Overall muay thai is one of the most demanding physical arts out there. Muay thai is based on hard strikes of the legs, knees, elbows, and fists. To be able to use these attacks effectively, one must be able to condition their body against similar attacks.|||Actually... the joints help take away the pain.|||Try Kenpo instead. Down and dirty street martial arts. None of that high kick crap that can get you hurt...

No comments:

Post a Comment