Monday, May 17, 2010

Is it ok to throw a horizontal hook in Muay Thai or MMA?

I go to the best MMA gym in town, and for phys ed at school we had to go the the other MMA gym in town. The instructor at the other MMA gym told me that i shouldn%26#039;t throw a horizontal hook but a perpendicular one. Is he right?|||whatever goes, goes! it%26#039;s mma, mixed!


muay thai. . .if you miss the hook, the elbow will land.





practice, practice, practice!|||I think you mis-interperted him... all of your strikes should be perpendicular to the target... but if he is telling you that you should never throw a strike at a certain angle i would have to disagree with him.. the angle you throw a strike depends soley on the angle of your opponent and where you intend to strike him...|||Missing the hook at the opponent will have a result of a painful elbow in ur ribs.|||Wait, perpendicular to what? Do you mean verticle? because that is an uppercut, you can throw anything, anything can work, I do%26#039;t know why they would say it wont, If you see an opening go for it|||When you have an opportunity to use a punch. Use whatever you have to fit the situation. Some times it is right to use an upset punch, an upper cut punch or a horizontal round punch. If the opening is there take it.


What does he mean by a perpendicular punch? Perpendicular to what?

1 comment:

  1. Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site.
    news2014-03-16

    ReplyDelete