Monday, May 17, 2010

Out of curiosity, what's your personal thought's on Muay Thai?

I have been training in Muay thai for about a year now and still get excited about going to training, but unfortuantly none of my friends nor family seem to care much for the sport.. so it is hard to talk about it much.. but I was just wondering about other people views on Muay Thai, as I obviously love it can be a bit bias at times..





Thanks.|||EXCELLENT stand up.





lacks grappling (obviously).





If you are hot then you are the perfect woman if you do a MA that is a real MA and not a %26quot;belt factory%26quot;.





Muai Thai is a pretty sure bet that you are at a real gym that trains hard. The intensity (like any sportative MA school) is going to be very real. In MT you don%26#039;t have to worry about if what you are learning is for real or realistic, there are still good and bad coaches but even a horrendously bad coach is still going to be training you better than any black belt at a belt factory.|||muay thai is good to cross train in as part of a martial artists overall self style.you shouldn%26#039;t care what anyone else thinks|||I have no idea. I was thinking about drinking Mai Tai%26#039;s!|||My opinion on Muay Thai, according to what I SAW on Muay Thai is:


Their strikes are super damaging. Espacialy the knees and elbows. But I guess it has the same problem with karate and taekwondo, Muay Thai lacks defensive skills such as interception and self defense techniques. And it focuses more on attacking.|||I love it! I%26#039;ve been taking lessons for a few months now...the elbow and knee strikes are brutal!! :)|||I love it, even though I no longer train in it. once you know Muay Thai, you will love it more than others you have done. even though I am more self defense based now, I will always remember the joy of ring fighting.|||Don%26#039;t know anything about it!|||as a young martial artist (i%26#039;m 15) i would love to have a chance learning Muay Thai sometime. i think they have some good techniques that is better applied than other martial arts like karate or tkd.


i%26#039;ve done tkd for 3 years and currently doin Shaolin for a year. i do incorporate some techniques from Muay Thai with all the stuff i%26#039;ve learnt.|||I love it


but it so danger.


when u see on TV remember


it is sport. for score only.|||I%26#039;ve done it for 4 years, along with kickboxing. I just love it, but it is too much to do it everyday, so I just do it 1 or twice a week as we spar heavily. The other days i do kickboxing.





It%26#039;s been 4 years and I still love it. I found the gym through a referral, and I%26#039;m very glad I did.|||I like it alot, I used to take classes too and I still watch it on TV when I get the chance.|||its so unreal man, it%26#039;s changed my life.|||I like it a lot. I;ve never taken it but it looks like a good well rounded kickboxing style. how ever there is one thing I dislike. were they keep there elbows. they tend to keep them alittle hihg from what I%26#039;ve seen

No comments:

Post a Comment