Monday, May 17, 2010

What is your favorite Muay Thai/Boxing/Kickboxing combination?

I like using left body hook then right hook then left low roundhouse (inside leg) then right high roundhouse (to head) then lead front/straight kick. I also like fading roundhouse-spinning back kick-then side kick.





Punches: I like Double Jab then Cross, uppecut, hook, hook, body hook, cross.|||My favorite Muay Thai combo is jab-cross-roundhouse low. The hand combo sets up the kick. And the kick is %26quot;pulled%26quot; by the cross. The roundhouse is already on the way as the cross is delivered. How I come off of this combo depends on how my opponent reacts. But my favorite combo to follow up on the first is jab(now with my right hand as it%26#039;s forward after the roundhouse kick)-hook to head-straight knee (also called punch knee) to midsection.


These two strong combos are interchangeable. You can start with one or the other and they%26#039;ll both be effective either way.|||I am a TKD guy transitioning to MT.. and I am just now trying to mix the 2 styles for combos... but here goes... from south paw stance.... double jab (to create distance) right leg side kick (lower body), then follow up from orthadox... right low kick, left hook (again trying to create space, and get my bodies momentum in the rights diretion) reverse hook kick to the head.... the last kick is really just for fun... if i can get my opponent to back pedal off balance it can be effective.... but usually gets my grounded leg kicked really hard :)... my TKD kicks are only effective if the opponent moves straight back out of MT range... puts them in TKD kicking range... It%26#039;s fun to play.. :) although it usually hurts me against the very well trained MT guys|||My favorite is the combination is the combination of my knee and my opponents face in my clinch!|||Jab, straight, uppercut, 2 round house kicks, body hook, kick to the head, low round house, jab, knee shots then jumping double knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment