Friday, May 21, 2010

Is Thai boxing any different from Muay Thai?

I%26#039;m going to take up Thai boxing in about 4 months and I want to know if it is the exact same as Muay Thai, as I really want to do Muay Thai but there is only Thai Boxing in my area.


I looked it up and it said that you can%26#039;t elbow to the head in Thai boxing but you can in Muay Thai, and I tried again and it said they were the same!?|||As far as I know the only difference is the use of the elbow and possibly head butting which I%26#039;m not certain.





Best wishes :)***|||Yep, they%26#039;re the same.





Muay Thai is taken from the actual name, while Thai Boxing is basically the westernized name in the sense that it is boxing from Thai.





What%26#039;s suppose to be different is between Muay Thai/Thai Boxing with Kickboxing.





Kickboxing has much more broad sense than Muay Thai as kickboxing as a sport in America has different rules than Muay Thai, especially in regard of the use of elbow and knees.





Although at this present time, most of serious kickboxing gym will also teach many element of Muay Thai|||I%26#039;m pretty sure that there is a difference. I think that in Muay Thai you can kick, elbow, and there may be different, little, details such as stance,different ducking/blocking/slipping techniques.|||%26quot;muay thai%26quot; translated from Thai to English is %26quot;thai boxing%26quot;


muay = boxing


thai = thai (of course...)





But be careful though. Some of these Muay Thai or Thai Boxing gyms don%26#039;t practise the legitimate art.|||same thing.|||im pretty sure there is no difference i kow a lot of mauy thai fighters who call it tai boxing aswell.|||nope my gym we call it thai boxing or thai kickboxing or mauy thai


all same|||omg its the same thing bruh|||i am not sure

No comments:

Post a Comment