Monday, November 16, 2009

Am I too short to try Muay Thai Boxing?

I%26#039;m a 5%26#039;0%26quot;, 21 year old female, and I%26#039;m really interested in taking some muay thai boxing lessons, but I know it involves a lot of kicking and my legs are really short. However, I%26#039;m pretty flexible and I%26#039;m willing to try it if someone is willing to work with me. I%26#039;d only be doing it for fun and to get into shape. Anyone have any advice or personal experiences to share? Thank you!|||Go for it. Don%26#039;t let your height ever stop you from doing anything you want to do. Just work with what you%26#039;ve got. I%26#039;m pretty short for a guy, i%26#039;m 5%26#039;7. I just said hell... height is something I can%26#039;t control, let me control everything else that I possibly can. So I packed on about 40 pounds of muscle and started doing brazilian jiu-jitsu, boxing, and kickboxing and it%26#039;s the best thing that ever happened to me.|||no its fine. Sure the saying goes %26quot; its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog%26quot;|||yeah i agree with the others answerers here just go for it.|||No, you can do it.





Just please from now on remember that MuayThai means Thai Fist, and calling it Muay Thai Boxing or Thai boxing is incorrect.|||If your legs are short I don%26#039;t recommend it to be perfectly honest. You need range with your kicks and strength, if you%26#039;re really determined though go on and try it, you probably wouldn%26#039;t do well in competitive Muay Thai boxing but if it%26#039;s just recreational there is no problem|||If you can find a good instructor, then your height will not matter. He or She will teach you how to use your body to your advantage.





One note though I will mention, Muay Thai can be VERY hard on the body. Many people want to do Muay Thai but dont want to subject their self to the intense training.





Since you said that you will be doing it for fun and to get in shape, I would certainly try it out, but keep a look out for a quality Kung Fu or other Martial Art instructor/school that may suit you better|||give it a try. you wont be able to become a world champion or anythng but that shouldn%26#039;t prevent you from having a good time|||No you are not too short Muay Thai or any other martial art. Grandmasters from many years ago often were short guys. Their art gave them the advantage if they had to defend themselves. People often underestimate shorter people. But they shouldn%26#039;t.





Good Luck|||Size is not a factor. The Thai people are not exactly tall. If you want to do something, don%26#039;t let norms stand in your way.|||Flexible 21 year old? I%26#039;ll work with you..... =-P|||THEN I SAY GOOO FOR IT !!!|||It%26#039;s a good way to get in shape and practice discpline while improving flexibilty and mental toughness. You do not have to be tall or get into fights, that is not a requirement.|||No. You are not too short. I trained Muay Thai in Asia and there are a lot of women in class who are not particularly tall. I, myself, I am 6 foot 3 and a half inches and I have worked with a girl in Muay Thai who I believe is about 5%26#039;0%26quot; tall. It shouldn%26#039;t be a problem at all.|||Look at Lisa King she%26#039;s 5%26#039;5%26quot;





http://www.theblackwidow.us/

No comments:

Post a Comment