Monday, November 16, 2009

Should I take up boxing or muay thai?

Im going to be 16 in a couple of months and next summer I want to start either boxing or muay thai kickboxing?|||They are both good.





Boxers specialize with their hands, but lack everywhere else.





Thai Boxers use punches knees elbows and kicks. But even though they may not focus solely on punches do not be fooled they have good hands too.





I like and do both. It it came down to it to be an all around %26quot;good%26quot; or diverse fighter I would go with Muay Thai cause then I can use elbows knees etc.. and not only will I know how to use them but I would know how to DEFEND against them if someone else could do it too.





But like I said I do boxing too and its great. I like the ability to get good head movement and slip%26quot;dodge%26quot; punches. Because some of the techniques in boxing like a bunch of slipping and weaving and stuff can get you KO%26#039;ed by a knee to the face in Muay Thai.|||It depends on what your goal is. As previously, stated Muay Thai uses elbos, knees and legs, in addition to punching. Also some %26quot;traditional%26quot; muay thai schools may teaching punching very differently than the punches used in boxing.





I don%26#039;t advocate doing both from the start. (I have trained in both). Depending on the coach/instructor, you may pick up traits that work great in one sport, but may leave you exposed in another.





Pick one. Get decent in it (1-2 years), and try the other later if you want.





|||A boxer vs a muay thai fighter.. wHO would win? I would bet my money on the muay thai fighter. Boxing is good and is somewhat similar to muay thai. There is still footwork involve and still use strikes but in muay thai, you learn to use kicks, elbows, knees, and clinch. Muay thai is a lot of fun so I would recommend that over boxing. Its more of a workout. I鈥檝e been doing muay thai for about 1 year and a half now. I鈥檝e been doing BJJ for 6 years and would always get beat standing up. So I started muay thai and ever since starting, I鈥檝e been dominating a lot of fighters who are a lot taller with longer range (just full contact sparring, not real fighting) I would definitely take up muay thai bro. Good luck! And have fun!|||Boxers become expert with their hands but don%26#039;t know how to use legs or elbows.





Muay Thai fighters are not as good with punches but they have other stuff to mix it up with.





Its a choice issue.|||hmm.. I guess it depends on what you want to do. But personally , if you can either punch OR... punch, kick,knee, elbow ,etc...no choice there...go muay thai. What%26#039;s not to like??|||Boxing is a 1 trick pony. All they do is punch. With MT you will punch, elbow, knee and kick. 1 more vote for Muay Thai|||mauy thai is better in my opinion because they use their legs and elbows aswell.|||take muay thai, or i rather would at least. or better yet, take both! you could learn a lot a lot! |||I do both.





Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment