Monday, November 16, 2009

Is Boxing a waste of time if I want ot do Muay Thai?

I am doing boxing at the moment, I have just started and have signed up for 6 months. If I did boxing for six months and then went to Muay Thai would that give me advantage, my ultimate goal is to become really good in Muay Thai but I am thinking starting out in boxing is a good building block to Muay Thai, am I right or am I wasting my time??|||No, boxing would not be a waste of time. In boxing you will learn bobbing, weaving, slipping , parrying, feints, counters, offence, defence, etc.( I do both). While there may be some differences in body movement and style, they still go hand-in-hand and compliment each other. This will only improve and increase your arsenal, from a standpoint of either art.|||Boxing is awsome for Muay Thai, its great to learn how to box, it will help you alot in Muay Thai and i suggest you keep doing one or two boxing lessons a week along with your Muay Thai classes|||Your right, but don%26#039;t stay in Boxing to long as they focus on very different movement patterns kick, block, strike combinations. If you get a chance visit Thailand live and train 3 months there !|||No. While Muy Thai uses knees, elbows, and fists, it does not have punching power of Boxing. If you practice, you could end the fight with a good right hook. No elbows required.|||boxing is an integral part of muay thai. if you are that interested in it you should know what it comprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment