Saturday, November 14, 2009

Taking Muay Thai, will that help me and some how let me use my own boxing style?

I%26#039;m thinking about taking Muay Thai.


I%26#039;ve boxed for couple of years now.


I%26#039;m very short, 5%26#039;7%26quot;, and weigh 140lbs.


5.5% body fat.


When I box, I bob and weave a lot and get close to an opponent and try to beat him on the inside.


I use somewhat Peek-a-Boo style. (Although it completely is not the same.)


If I take Muay Thai, will I be able to use my own boxing style and do well?


And I heard Muay Thai is adventageous to more of a lean type.


How would I do with my style? Should I just start over and use orthodox style?|||The more martial knowledge and experience you can gain, the better fighter you will be. I think Muay Thai is really cool and you probably couyld still use some of your boxing stuff, but you%26#039;d have to integrate it with the new Muay Thai you%26#039;d be learning. I reccomend you take it, but just to warn you, some Muay Thai clubs can have some hard and brutal training methods.|||Yes Muay Thai is a wonderful art. It conditions your mind and body. You have to be very tough and strong. At close quarters you can use elbows and knees. In the end you can be a mix martial artist but the training is one of the toughest. Taking blows to the shin, thighs, fore arm any of your blocking method. Your body becomes like steel. That is why it is important you prepare yourself mentally.|||truth be told you sound perfict for that style as long as you don,t have bad kneecap,s or shin,s and your not soft in the gut or any hip issuse i would think it would be perfict style for you also please do rember the style it self use,s the elbow,s and forarm most of the kick,s are low unlike kickboxing but at same time streach out the hip mussle,s for snap kick,s and high kick,s

No comments:

Post a Comment