Saturday, November 14, 2009

Muay Thai?

Well...Im 13 and I have been considering taking Muay Thai to improve my shape and fitness.


(Yeah i pretty out of shape)


I was just wondering if it would be likely that i would be accepted in a gym? I know of one pretty close by and i am considering joining it thanks a to a friend who advised i should do it.





The thing is that I have no earlier martial art experience at all.


I know it isn%26#039;t ABSOLUTELY necessary to have any experience with any kind of martial art but I guess it would help.


And would Muay Thai be for me? Should i join AFTER i get a little more fit? Or should i just take a straight dive into the deep end?





So yeah considering how unfit and inexperienced i am. Should i Start muay thai?|||Muay thai is a good form of martial arts but also a brutal one... I%26#039;d recommend doing some foundation martial arts first to get you into shape and to get you ready to start doing Muay Thai. Although Muay Thai does have forms the forms that it practices are more of brawler type which means if you get put up against somebody more advanced your gonna get shut down. I%26#039;d recommned since your just starting out... Tai Kwon Do... or even Jujujistu... both would help in your progress into Muay Thai if thats the way you decide to go or both are good foundamentals to start something more advanced such as Hopkido,Aikido, Jeet Su Do... so on and so on|||Yes! 99% of gyms will train you up in tecniques and fitness before they even think to throw you in the ring for sparring etc, so even if your unfit, you will get fit - wayyy before you get put in the ring.


Also - there is no point getting fit b4 you start training, cos Mui Thai will make you fit - and you will learn to fight quicker.


Just be sure to enjoy yourself, and the fittness will develop, trust me, its scary starting at a new club, but when you realise that there are heaps off ppl like you, you just get over it and hv fun!|||If it is a good school then they will put you in against guys with your ability level when you do start sparring. Go to the center one night when they are sparring and check it out. If there are several sparring matches that turn into brutal beat downs then you know it%26#039;s not the right place, because that does nothing for anyone. You get better going against people of your caliber. You can%26#039;t tell if a specific martial art will be good for you they all could be with the right instruction.|||Dude Muay Thai is a rough martial art. You should at least get yourself into good shape first. Get fit first. Run around your neighborhood. Lift some light weights maybe. Remember you gotta walk before you can run. Im not saying you should take Tae Kwon Do first but just get yourself in shape and get yourself ready.





Muay Thai is VERY brutal on your shins.|||I actually just had to post this to say that BurnDrive or whatever his name is is a moron. Don%26#039;t listen to anything he says.


He obviously has no fighting experience of any kind. I would love to show him how a 140lb guy can take him down and pound him senseless.|||Your young and there is no harm in trying it out. If you dont like it you can always swith to something else.Go for it|||I agree with burny I dont fight comps no more just train the art of martial arts and also street fighting and mix it with heaps of diff moves and with all sizes of ppl my master is smaller then bruce lee I%26#039;m 6 foot and bloody hugh and strong and fast I tested my master in a fight that little prick kicked my *** so fast i didnt have a chance, most pricks out here on this forum crap think you guys know what your talking bout you dont know **** till you meet a real master from the old skool I dont respect bullshit artest 98% of ppl here r crap talkers thats all I hav to say|||I have, and am taking muay thai classes, and yes, you need to get into good shape before you go there.





Do some cardio training, lift weights, jump rope, and you should take Tae-Kwon-Do before you go there (alot of the moves are similair, or at least thats what i found out), plus if you attend a serious tkd school for at least 3-4 months, you may learn how to take a hit. That is very important, learn how to take a hit.





I would also wait until you are 14, just beacuse it is a very blunt and brutal martial art, and if your body isnt ready for the punishment yet, you could have some serious complications.|||Yes, of course you can %26#039;go as you are%26#039;. There is no need to have prior experience or a certain fitness level.


No, people of all abilities can start Thai Boxing. Everyone should train to their own ability and know their own limits. It is recommended that students pace themselves on their first training lesson as Thai boxing is very different from other forms of training. All muscle groups are worked in a single training lesson therefore making Thai Boxing different to other forms of physical fitness commonly undertaken eg. running, weight training, circuit training etc.





Don%26#039;t worry too much, obviously fitness is important, but to be honest most people who start Muay Thai aren%26#039;t that fit. Beginner%26#039;s classes are generally more concerned with teaching you technique, not out and out hard fitness training, so you should be OK, plus if you do decide to put the extra effort in it is a very good way of increasing your fitness.|||hey kid best advice stay away from styles that want to put you in a ring that%26#039;s all they care about train you tech you crap that wont help you out in the streets for self defence most of them are just for comps, and tell you what taekwondo is one of the worst these days because of the Olympics,


If some1 tried kick me in the head matter how hard that kick was and if i know what I%26#039;m doing that kick is useless, a boxer try to fight me I%26#039;ll take there legs out and the hands that throws the Punch if some guy try wrestle me to the gound ( a hugh guy to me ) DO YOU really think I%26#039;m gonna let that fat *** put me to the ground I%26#039;ll take the eyes then attack all the areas the weak points on his body do what ever i have to do to get him off me, fighting is just fights you gotta have brains technics, dont hav to be soild prick to be better fighter like ppl says size matters LOL, Bricks might not hit BACK but hey bricks do hit back harder when they do they will hurt lot harder then a fist would if you know what i mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment