Saturday, November 14, 2009

Where can I go for a 2-3 day Muay Thai Camp in Thailand?

I will be in HK and Thailand for vacation with my girlfriend for two weeks. I have about 15 years of experience in TKD/HKD, but not really in Muay Thai. So I%26#039;d love to attend a camp/seminar series that is intense and challenging, but geared toward those who aren%26#039;t looking to make a career out of it or anything. Any suggestions?





Thanks!|||The first two questions would have to be:





%26quot;How well do you speak Thai?%26quot;


%26quot;How many Baht are you willing to pay?%26quot;





There are probably all sorts of shady characters willing to take you money for a worthless get together just so you can say %26quot;I trained in Thailand.%26quot; (Even though you didn%26#039;t learn anything!)


.|||I%26#039;d personnaly stay away from the commercialized gyms such as fairtex where you%26#039;ll just be put through a %26#039;factory belt%26#039; and left to work on the bags on your own for most of the time, without having much access to a trainer.


There are some excellent smaller gyms in bangkok where you will get much more for your money (and which will also cost you less to start with!).


Have a look at these two to start with:


http://muaythai.me/muay_thai_camps.php





Both are excellent|||Go to www.fairtex.com

No comments:

Post a Comment