Thursday, November 12, 2009

What should take up, Jiu Jitsu or Muay Thai?

I was a Wrestler in High school for 3 years. I was pretty good, went to regionals all three years (though never made it to States)





Between Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai, Which do you think would benefit me the most in an MMA fight.





OR should I do both? I only have around 4-5 hours a week to train, Is that enough time to cross-train efficiently? Or would it be better to just concentrate one? If so.. Which?|||Ju Jitsu|||personally, I jus had to make the same decision, and i chose muay thai, i had a striking background, and thought it would get me into the swing of things easier, my time is limited also, so i am planning to switch from muay thia to bjj in 6 to 8 months... so with your wresteling background, maybe the oposite?|||Well you probably need to get some standup fighting in. Learning how to strike is something you cant go without if you are entering MMA. Since you have a background in some sort of ground game you should get what you can in the striking department. 4-5 hrs a week to train for a fight is also asking to get seriously hurt. I dont know if you have something scheduled but you need way more time than that if you want to train seriously for something.|||Since you already have grappling experience, jiu jitsu will be an easier transition.





I%26#039;d recommend you take both, but time is limited, I%26#039;d recommend you try both, and decide which one you%26#039;ll concentrate with.





good luck!|||hands down if you are just going to pick one style over the other, i would pick bjj.....although both are beneficial

No comments:

Post a Comment