Monday, November 16, 2009

What martial art do you think i should focus more on- Muay thai or jiu-jitsu?

i%26#039;m about 5%26#039;10%26quot; 165, muscular and athletic build. I train in MMA, but im trying to decide whether i should gain more experience in grappling tournaments or muay thai tournaments.|||in my opinion you should go for muay thai because it develops not only your upper body but also lower part. It helps you to be more agile snd defensive so a muay thai is a must for self defense|||Muay thai|||as for me I would go with what ever style would help me the most on the street. Because out there they are not any rules of fighting. Then just apply that style in the ring|||i think that since you do MMA then you should concentrate equal amounts of time to become great at both.|||good JJ or BJJ school are more easer to fine the Muay thai school so if you want to pay more money and go to a good muay thai school jiu-jitsu are good and easy to fine to it just were your heart is





what i say


since i was born in Laos look at a lot of Muay thai/MuayLaos


im going to say Muay thai|||muay thai|||It depends on what kind of fighting your more apt at. (Ground or Standup) Being a MMA fighter you would need to have a great deal of experience in both. What works in one fight might not work in another. You should switch up your game and try not to rely on one given art too much. Find out what are your strengths and work to improve your weaknesses.





I practice BJJ and most of the moves I use are heavily dependant on th Gi. (like chokes...takedowns)





**BJJ can be practiced no-gi and I have done some no-gi training myself, but I personally don%26#039;t like it.





Because at least when you have a gi it soaks up most of the sweat and protects you from mat burns. (OH ..and the guy your rolling with.....especially if he%26#039;s stinky)





As a girl I don%26#039;t really like nasty...drippy man sweat all over me. OH and having a guy smear his hairy legs across your face is SIMPLY the WORST!!





I swear ....guys should shave their legs too!!!|||think about before you started training in both where where you more comfortable at the ground ,or standing on your feet? Both are a necessity if you are training in mma and wish to compete. What kind of fighter do you want to be , a striker or a grappler you decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment